Monday, May 13, 2013

I'm a dancer stuck in a...dancers body?

I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again...I love to dance! Now, I've never stuck around a dance class that long. I learned everything from watching, dancing at the club or dancing in my room for fun. The one time I was committed to class I was taking ballet, modern and hip hop (all at once). Two weeks in I tore ligaments in my left knee playing basketball. Waaaccckkkk! After that I never thought about taking a class...that is until a good friend of mine recommended that I take a class as a form of stress relief. She told me that dancing makes me happy and I responded with..."damn, you're right. Taking a class once a week would be really good for me". Oh, its been a few years since the surgery. Sssooooo, I've amped up my dancing practice (at home) by watching videos online and just having more fun. I have also begun looking into some spots to take some dance classes. Any recommendations? Do I have an ambition to become a JT or Chris Brown backup dancer? No...well that would be sick but I'm in this for the fun. Plus, it would look cool on my acting resume. Here is a video by a super talented dance choreographer named Vinh Nguyen and a routine he setup for Fine China by Chris Brown. When I get some routines down I'll make sure to post some video of me dancing. Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment